Google Translate has become the primary text and information translation option for millions of people. Although it is not the only or the best, the application is simple and effective. Moreover, it allows you to use many of its options even without an Internet connection. So if you need to travel and you know you won’t have a connection, learning to use Google Translate can save your life.
Google Translator offline mode mentioned above allows you to download the languages you want, and translate them if necessary. The process is quite simple on iOS and Android. Just follow the guide that starts below.
Before starting, however, download the application on your Android or iOS mobile phone. Once it is installed on your device, you can move on to following the guide.
How to Use Google Translator Offline Mode
To use Google Translator offline mode, you must first have an internet connection. The reason is that the application will have to download the languages required by the user. Of course, not all of them will be available, but if you just need to get hold of the most spoken languages in the world or those used on your next trip, that won’t be a problem.
This feature is available in Google Translator for iOS and Android. Although they are not identical, they are similar enough not to confuse you. in the process.
Depending on the speed of your internet connection, each of these languages will be may take more or less time to download. Just wait for it to finish, and try not to close the app to prevent it from ending.
- Open the Translator on your device.
- For Android, tap the three lines in the upper left corner. If you have iOS, just write on the button Settings in the lower right area.
- This will open a new menu. Here, enter Offline Translation.
- You see a list of multiple languages. Just select the ones you want to download and they will start installing automatically. On Android, the app will likely ask for permission to use your phone’s storage. Grant it.
- When it has finished downloading, you will be able to see it in this same menu. If you want to delete it, just click on the “trash can” button next to the language name.
It’s done now, even if you have your mobile device in airplane mode, you must be able to translate text from one language to another. Just type as usual, and wait for Google Translate to offer you the alternatives to your words in another language.