The Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis has deployed a support system for the establishment of exogenous companies on its territory.
This system is part of the ambitious development policy in favor of business creation and employment in the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis.
One of the Métropole’s objectives in terms of economic development is to attract a greater number of exogenous companies with high added value to its strategic sectors.
The Metropolis has created 34 new companies in the territory in 2021 (more than 600 jobs planned over 3 years).
Faced with increased European and international competition in terms of economic attractiveness, the Métropole is strengthening its support and support services for the establishment of exogenous companies in order to facilitate and accelerate investment decisions in its own right. favor in coherence with the strategic sectors of the territory.
Thus, the Metropolis has set up from 2022 a financial system for exogenous companies operating in strategic sectors that settle and create jobs in the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis.
1 – Eligibility conditions
Candidates for this system are legal persons governed by private law (companies in corporate form only).
This system is intended exclusively for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs according to the European definition): independent enterprises with less than 250 employees and whose turnover is less than or equal to €50 million excluding tax (or the annual balance sheet is less than or equal to €43m excluding tax);
Companies must have a job creation potential of at least 10 full-time equivalents (FTE) over 3 years in the territory of the Metropolis.
The company must have been in existence for at least 1 year and must prove that it is in a healthy financial situation and that it has not made any economic withdrawals in the 12 months preceding its application.
In addition, candidate companies must present a detailed financial plan showing the estimated expenses incurred as part of the implementation project.
Registration with the Trade and Companies Register (RCS) is mandatory.
Two scenarios are defined to certify an installation:
- The effective transfer of the head office to the territory of the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis;
- The creation of a secondary establishment of a company having its registered office outside the territory.
- As this scheme aims to favor companies with the greatest development potential materialized by job creation, the following activities are excluded:
- Financial and insurance activities;
- real estate activities;
- The liberal professions;
- Retail and trading companies (BtoC);
- All other sectors of activity excluded by the assistance schemes on which this intervention framework is based.
In any event, the relevance of the company’s activity and its positioning within strategic sectors will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
2 – Amount of aid
The aid will take the form of a grant ranging from 30,000 to 50,000 euros and delivered in one go at the signing of the agreement. The amount of aid is subject to the de minimis rule.
3 – Selection criteria
Criteria are used to assess both the eligibility and the relevance of the business plan demonstrating the interest of an establishment. It should be emphasized that the eligibility of a project does not automatically imply funding, the latter being subject to assessment by the selection committee.
Companies must register as a priority in one of the strategic sectors/sectors of the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis, in particular:
The amount of aid granted will be based on the following criteria:
- Number and types of jobs created: creation of direct and indirect jobs over 3 years;
- Degree of innovation of the project: category of innovation, filing of patents and development prospects;
- Positioning and added value of the project within the sector and the local ecosystem: relations with local customers and suppliers, real estate programming, territorial network, etc. ;
- Social and environmental impact: nature and volume of the impact, labels and certifications, compliance with standards, etc.
- Calendar: realistic calendar reflecting the key stages of the establishment of the company
- Provisional budget: overall implementation cost including the financing of material assets, acquisition costs and operating expenses.
Read the full specifications and eligibility criteria “Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur”
The deadline is 30/09/2022.
Applications must be submitted exclusively by e-mail to the address
email@example.com, taking care to indicate in the subject of the email “Help for setting up 2022 – Candidature de [votre structure] »